|From:||email@example.com (Abd-er-Rahman III)|
|Newsgroups:||soc.culture.jewish, soc.culture.canada, can.general|
|Subject:||***The Complete Bush 2004 Defeat FAQ*** Update: Bush looking bad in early exit polls|
|Date:||2 Nov 2004 12:54:24 -0800|
|Organization:||http://groups.google.com (Who's computer is this?)|
|X-Trace:||posting.google.com 1099428864 7502 127.0.0.1 (2 Nov 2004 20:54:24 GMT)|
|NNTP-Posting-Date:||Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:54:24 +0000 (UTC)|
|Path:||news2.ip-mobilphone.net ! NNTPLoader.ip-mobilphone.net ! spool9-east ! propagator-sterling ! news-in-sterling.newsfeeds.com ! newsread.com ! newsprint.newsread.com ! postnews1.google.com ! not-for-mail|
|Xref:||news2.ip-mobilphone.net soc.culture.jewish:670513 soc.culture.canada:171854 can.general:102104|
***THE COMPLETE OFFICAL GUIDE TO BUSH'S DEFEAT 2004***
A short but informative guide to everything you need to know about how
and why George W. Bush lost the 2004 Presidential election.
Early exit polls numbers:
Kerry - Bush
Kerry is sweeping Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio!
***BUSH IS LOSING THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE***
and probably the popular vote, too
- According to most major polls, the national race is tied
- 2/3 of undecideds traditionally break for the challenger
- This will give Kerry the popular vote
- But the electoral vote is the more important one
- 270 electoral votes are needed to win
- Kerry is winning or tied in the key battle ground states
http://www.slate.com (Who's computer is this?)
Kerry299 Electoral Votes, 149 solid, 75 likely, 75 iffy
Bush239 Electoral Votes, 168 solid, 59 likely, 12 iffy
http://www.electoral-vote.com (Who's computer is this?)
Electoral Vote Predictor 2004: Kerry 283,Bush 246
http://www.race2004.net (Who's computer is this?)
If the election were held today we project:
Kerry wins the presidency with 296 electoral votes.
Bush places second with 242 electoral votes.
Kerry wins the popular vote with 55,075,004 votes (49.35%).
Bush places second with 54,674,429 votes (48.99%).
***TOP 10 REASONS BUSH GOT THE PINK SLIP***
1. JOB LOSS
3.2 million jobs lost under Bush Highest unemployment rate in 9 years.
Washington State has the third highest unemployment rate in the
2. HEALTH CARE CRISIS
41.2 million Americans without health insurance under Bush 2.5 million
more uninsured Americans since Bush took officePresident has put forth
no plan to cover anyone.
45% cut in cleaning up Superfund Toxic Waste sites under Bush Bush
wants to pass cost on to taxpayers
4. GUTTING OVERTIME
Bush wants to gut overtime pay for millions of hardworking
firefighters, nurses, teachers, waitresses, and other Americans.
5. MILLIONAIRES FIRST
Bush chooses tax giveaways for millionaires over relief for strapped
states Washington has a $2.4 billion shortfall; Most states forced to
cut services or raise taxes to pay for Bushs fiscal irresponsibility
6. BREAKING PROMISES TO VETERANS
Bush has refused to enroll 360,000 middle income Veterans in the VA
health system. A promise kept to our soldiers for years in this
country was broken by this President.
7. HOMELAND INSECURITY
Bush refuses to fully fund 2 out of 3 firehouses that are still
understaffed since Sept. 11th -- And 77% of all fire departments dont
have the necessary equipment and training to respond to biological or
chemical terrorist attacks.
8. CHILDREN LEFT BEHIND
Bush broke his promise to fund his own education program, leaving
millions and millions of children behind.
9. GO IT ALONE FOREIGN POLICY
Bush went to war in Iraq without a plan to win the peace, and in the
face of mounting American casualties he refuses to ask the U.N. and
international community to play a real role in sharing the burden of
10. BANKRUPTING AMERICA
The Bush Administration has turned the largest surplus in history into
the largest deficit in history, and has overseen the worst economic
growth in 50 years.
http://www.independentsforkerry.org/uploads/media/bush-pink-slip.html (Who's computer is this?)
***WOBBLY LEADERSHIP: BUSH'S FLIP-FLOPS***
1.Department of Homeland Security
BUSH OPPOSES THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY..."So, creating a
Cabinet office doesn't solve the problem. You still will have agencies
within the federal government that have to be coordinated. So the
answer is that creating a Cabinet post doesn't solve anything." [White
House spokesman Ari Fleischer, 3/19/02]
...BUSH SUPPORTS THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY "So tonight, I
ask the Congress to join me in creating a single, permanent department
with an overriding and urgent mission: securing the homeland of
America and protecting the American people." [President Bush, Address
to the Nation, 6/6/02]
2.Osama Bin Laden
BUSH WANTS OSAMA DEAD OR ALIVE... "I want justice. And there's an old
poster out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.'"
[President Bush, on Osama Bin Laden, 09/17/01]
...BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT OSAMA ³I don't know where he is. You know,
I just don't spend that much time on him I truly am not that
concerned about him.² [President Bush, Press Conference, 3/13/02]
3.Creation of the 9/11 Commission
BUSH OPPOSES CREATION OF INDEPENDENT 9/11 COMMISSION... "President
Bush took a few minutes during his trip to Europe Thursday to voice
his opposition to establishing a special commission to probe how the
government dealt with terror warnings before Sept. 11." [CBS News,
...BUSH SUPPORTS CREATION OF INDEPENDENT 9/11 COMMISSION "President
Bush said today he now supports establishing an independent commission
to investigate the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks." [ABC News, 09/20/02]
4.Saddam/al Qaeda Link
BUSH SAYS IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEEN AL QAEDA AND
SADDAM... "You can't distinguish between al Qaeda and Saddam when you
talk about the war on terror." [President Bush, 9/25/02]
...BUSH SAYS SADDAM HAD NO ROLE IN AL QAEDA PLOT "We've had no
evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in Sept. 11." [President
http://www.independentsforkerry.org/uploads/media/bush-flip-flops.html (Who's computer is this?)
***AMERICANS ARE TAKING THEIR COUNTRY BACK***
Join the conservatives & moderates who want to return to responsible,
Republicans for Kerry
http://www.republicansforkerry04.org (Who's computer is this?)
The Economist Endorses Kerry
http://www.economist.com (Who's computer is this?)
Conservative Blogger Picks Kerry
http://www.andrewsullivan.com (Who's computer is this?)
Bush's Kin Vote for Kerry
http://www.bushrelativesforkerry.com (Who's computer is this?)
Independents for Kerry
http://www.independentsforkerry.org (Who's computer is this?)
Another Republican for Kerry
http://anotherrepublicanforkerry.com (Who's computer is this?)
The Financial Times Endorses Kerry
http://www.ft.com (Who's computer is this?)
***BUSH = STILL AWOL***
During a time of national crisis, Vietnam, where was George Bush?
- As a young man at the height of the Vietnam war, dodged the draft
with daddy's help
- Safely in the Texas ANG, went "missing" from duty 1972-3
- Nobody remembers him showing up to training in Alabama
- Has no quams about sending US soldiers into danger he himself
- Has the nerve to impugn decorated war heroes (McCain, Kerry) who
actually saw combat
- All talk: shouts "bring it on", plays Top Gun, brags "war president"
- Relies on underlings to do his dirty smear campaigns
Bush ... still AWOL in America's time of need
More info on Bush's missing documents: http://www.awolbush.com (Who's computer is this?)
***THE BUSH HALL OF SHAME***
Was this guy really our President once?
Bush flipflops on Bin Laden "dead or alive"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/somnamblst/debate.gif (Who's computer is this?)
Bush gives the American people the finger--no, really
http://static.vidvote.com/movies/bushuncensored.mov (Who's computer is this?)
Bush jokes about missing WMD (1000+ Americans died looking for it)
Bush Smear Campaigns
http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Bush_administration_smear_campaigns (Who's computer is this?)
***OTHER LINKS & INFO***
Bush vs. Kerry: Military records
http://www.motherjones.com/news/update/2004/02/02_400.html (Who's computer is this?)
Veterans for Kerry
http://veteransforkerry.home.att.net/ (Who's computer is this?)
Veterans United for Kerry
http://www.veteransunitedforkerry.com/ (Who's computer is this?)
John Kerry Veterans
http://www.4president.org/johnkerryveterans.htm (Who's computer is this?)
Billionaires for Bush
http://billionairesforbush.com (Who's computer is this?)
Qaeda says: We want Bush
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040317/325/eotq9.html (Who's computer is this?)
Osama for Bush?
http://www.liberty-news.com/cartoons/OsamaWantsBushReelected.gif (Who's computer is this?)
Pictures of the Dead
http://www.whywehatebush.com/news/04_08_portraits.html (Who's computer is this?)
Queen George - just for fun
http://www.illuminatrix.net/beetle/beetle.html (Who's computer is this?)
An incomplete list...
* The New York Times
* The Economist
* The Washington Post
* The Philadelhpia Inquirer
* The Crawford Iconoclast (Bush's hometown paper)
* Miami Herald
* Boston Globe
* Los Angeles Times
* The Financial Times
Republicans Endorsing John Kerry
* Charley Reese, conservative columnist/journalist, Orlando
* Lee Iacocca, former Chrysler Chairman
* Russell E. Train, EPA chief under Nixon and Ford
* Various Republican Business Leaders
* Gail Slocum, former Republican Mayor of Menlo Park, California
* Clay Myers, Republican Secretary of State (1967-77)
* Bill Rutherford, former Treasurer of Oregon
* George Comstock, Mayor of Portola Valley, California
* Mike Cobb, former Republican Mayor of Palo Alto, California
* Pete McCloskey, former Republican Representative from California
* John Eisenhower, son of former Republican President Dwight D.
* Steve May, former Republican state legislator from Arizona
* Jon Silver, former Republican Mayor of Portola Valley,
* John A. Galbraith, former Republican Ohio General Assemblyman
* David Catania, Republican Councilman from Washington, D.C.
* Clyde Prestowitz, counselor to Ronald Reagan's Secretary of
* Rick Russman, former Republican State Senator from New Hampshire
* Marshall Wittmann, former communications director to Senator
* Richard Schmalensee, former Council of Economic Advisers member
for Bush Sr.
* Elmer L. Andersen, former Republican Governor of Minnesota
* William Milliken, former Republican Governor of Michigan
* Marlow Cook, former Republican Senator from Kentucky (1968-74)
* Peter Gillette, former Republican Commissioner of Trade for
Republicans Who Will Not Vote For George W. Bush
* Bob Barr, former Republican Representative from Georgia
* Robert L. Black, retired Republican judge of the Ohio First
District Court of Appeals
* John H. Buchanan, former Republican Congressman from Alabama
* Lincoln Chafee, Republican Senator from Rhode Island
* John Dean, former White House Counsel to former Republican
* Paul Findley, former Republican Representative from Illinois
* A. Linwood Holton former Republican Governor of Virginia
* Log Cabin Republicans
* Paul O'Neill, former Treasury Secretary to Republican President
George W. Bush
* Richie Robb, mayor of South Charleston, WV
* William Saletan, "liberal Republican" columnist for Slate
* Karl W. B. Schwarz, very conservative Republican from Arkansas
* Andrew Sullivan, conservative columnist, former editor of The
Diplomats and Military Leaders Against Bush
* Lieutenant General Edward D. Baca (United States Army, Retired)
* Lieutenant General Daniel W. Christman (United States Army,
* General Wesley K. Clark (United States Army, Retired)
* Admiral William J. Crowe (United States Navy, Retired)
* Vice Admiral Lee F. Gunn (United States Navy, Retired)
* General Joseph Hoar (United States Marine Corps, Retired)
* Lieutenant General Claudia J. Kennedy (United States Army,
* Lieutenant General Donald Kerrick (United States Army, Retired)
* General Merrill "Tony" A. McPeak (United States Air Force,
* General John M. Shalikashvili (United States Army, Retired)
* Admiral Stansfield Turner (United States Navy, Retired)
* General Johnnie E. Wilson (United States Army, Retired)
Diplomats & Military Leaders for Change
* Admiral William J. Crowe, USN, Ret.
* The Honorable Jeffrey S. Davidow
* The Honorable William A. DePree
* The Honorable Donald B. Easum
* The Honorable Charles W. Freeman, Jr.
* The Honorable William C. Harrop
* The Honorable Arthur A. Hartman
* General Joseph P. Hoar, USMC, Ret.
* The Honorable H. Allen Holmes
* The Honorable Robert V. Keeley
* The Honorable Samuel W. Lewis
* The Honorable Princeton N. Lyman
* The Honorable Jack F. Matlock, Jr.
* The Honorable Donald F. McHenry
* General Merrill A. (Tony) McPeak, USAF, Ret.
* The Honorable George E. Moose
* The Honorable David D. Newsom
* The Honorable Phyllis E. Oakley
* The Honorable Robert Oakley
* The Honorable James D. Phillips, Kansas
* The Honorable John E. Reinhardt
* General William Y. Smith, USAF, Ret.
* The Honorable Ronald I. Spiers
* The Honorable Michael E. Sterner
* Admiral Stansfield Turner, USN, Ret.
* The Honorable Alexander F. Watson
Scientists Against Bush
* Union of Concerned Scientists (5,000+ signatories)
* Scientists and Engineers for Change -- the following 48 Nobel
* Peter Agre Chemistry 2003
* David H. Hubel Medicine 1981
* Sidney Altman Chemistry 1989
* Louis Ignarro Medicine 1998
* Philip W. Anderson Physics 1977
* Eric R. Kandel Medicine 2000
* David Baltimore Medicine 1975
* Walter Kohn Chemistry 1998
* Baruj Benacerraf Medicine 1980
* Arthur Kornberg Medicine 1959
* Paul Berg Chemistry 1980
* Leon M. Lederman Physics 1988
* Hans A. Bethe Physics 1967
* Tsung-Dao Lee Physics 1957
* Michael Bishop Medicine 1989
* David M. Lee Physics 1996
* Gunter Blobel Medicine 1999
* William N. Lipscomb Chemistry 1976
* N. Bloembergen Physics 1981
* Roderick MacKinnon Chemistry 2003
* James W. Cronin Physics 1980
* Mario J. Molina Chemistry 1995
* Johann Diesenhofer Chemistry 1988
* Joseph E. Murray Medicine 1990
* John B. Fenn Chemistry 2002
* Douglas D. Osheroff Physics 1996
* Val Fitch Physics 1980
* George Palade Medicine 1974
* Jerome I. Friedman Physics 1990
* Arno Penzias Physics 1978
* Walter Gilbert Chemistry 1980
* Martin L. Perl Physics 1995
* Alfred G. Gilman Medicine 1994
* Norman F. Ramsey Physics 1989
* Donald A. Glaser Physics 1960
* Burton Richter Physics 1976
* Sheldon L. Glashow Physics 1979
* Joseph H. Taylor Jr. Physics 1993
* Joseph Goldstein Medicine 1985
* E. Donnall Thomas Medicine 1990
* Roger Guillemin Medicine 1977
* Charles H. Townes Physics 1964
* Dudley Herschbach Chemistry 1986
* Harold Varmus Medicine 1989
* Roald Hoffmann Chemistry 1981
* Eric Wieschaus Medicine 1995
* H. Robert Horvitz Medicine 2002
* Robert W. Wilson Physics 1978
Independents for Kerry 2004
* Ron Reagan, Jr., son of late Republican President Ronald Reagan
* Angus King, former Governor of Maine (1995-2003)
* Jesse Ventura, former Governor of Minnesota (1999-2003)
Nobel Economists Endorsing Kerry
* George A. Akerlof: University of California at Berkeley 2001
* Kenneth J. Arrow: Stanford University 1972
* Daniel Kahneman: Princeton University 2002
* Lawrence R. Klein: University of Pennsylvania 1980
* Daniel L. McFadden: University of California at Berkeley 2000
* Douglass C. North: Washington University St. Louis 1993
* Paul A. Samuelson: MIT 1970
* William F. Sharpe: Stanford University 1990
* Robert M. Solow: MIT 1987
* Joseph E. Stiglitz: Columbia University 2001
http://www.dkosopedia.com/index.php/Republicans_for_Kerry_2004 (Who's computer is this?)
In contrast to the Bush attack ads, Kerry has a strong record on
defense, crime, environment, jobs, and health care in the Senate.
Legislation Sponsored, Co- Sponsored by John Kerry :
108th congress- 48 bills sponsored, 423 co-sponsored
107th congress- 146 bills sponsored, 467 co-sponsored
106th congress-63 bills sponsored, 473 co-sponsored
105th congress-40 bills sponsored, 268 co-sponsored
104th congress-92 bills sponsored, 233 co-sponsored
1. Kerry authored money laundering provisions in the PATRIOT Act. He
believes those provisions should be strengthened to include non-bank
institutions and increase funding for information gathering and
sharing.-- Kerry spoke in favor of applying the same laws against
terrorists we use against crime
2. Kerry Wrote Legislation to Extend Health Insurance to Needy
Children; Voted for Additional Funding to Expand the Program. In 1996,
Kerry wrote the "Healthy Children, Family Assistance Health Insurance
Program" to allow "families who do not qualify for Medicaid, but who
are financially unable to purchase private insurance, to be given
government subsidies to purchase private coverage for their children.
3. In l994, John Kerry introduced legislation to make $85 billion in
specific program budget cuts over five years, and also led a group of
five Senators in sponsoring another package to cut $43 billion from
the deficit over the same time period.
4. In 1995, Senator Kerry built on his deficit reduction record by
authoring The Responsible Deficit Reduction Act -- which proposed to
cut unnecessary and wasteful government spending by more than $90
billion. In addition, he fought alongside Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) to
reduce more than $60 billion in wasteful "corporate welfare" from the
federal budget. Most recently, John Kerry has supported two plans
which balance the budget by the year 2002.
5. He authored legislation to create new incentives for investment in
start-up companies and to promote advanced and environmental
technologies. He successfully pushed legislation for targeted
preferential capital gains treatment of investment in new enterprises,
and has been a leading advocate of a permanent research and
development tax credit.
6. He also has authored critical conservation bills like the Fishery
Conservation Amendments of 1990, the Sustainable Fisheries Act and the
Atlantic Coastal Cooperative Fishery Management Act. Kerry was a key
backer of the Marine Mammal Protection Act Reauthorization and the
Flood Insurance Reform Act, both of which became law in 1993. He is
co-chairman of GLOBE-USA, an international group of legislators
dedicated to forging an international environmental agenda.
7. He authored a successful amendment to the Fiscal Year 2002 budget
resolution that increased funding for renewable energy, energy
efficiency and climate change research. Additionally, he authored a
resolution that passed the Senate Foreign Relations Committee calling
on the Bush Administration to engage in international efforts to
mitigate the threat of climate change.
8. Senator Kerry authored bipartisan legislation with Senator Ted
Stevens of Alaska that would require the reporting of greenhouse gas
emissions, one of the first of its kind to be introduced in the
Congress. This legislation would provide the framework for
understanding how the nation can best reduce air pollution and the
threat of global warming.
9. The Senator authored an amendment to the Water Resources
Development Act of 1999 authorizing the Army Corps of Engineers to
study a comprehensive plan for the Muddy River. The legislation became
law and the basis for additional study, funding and project
10. The Senator authored a bipartisan letter to the White House, and
the trail was selected. The Massachusetts portion of the trail is
planned to run up the Blackstone Heritage Corridor to Worcester, then
east to Boston and finally to New Hampshire.
11. Senator Kerry was the co-author with former Senator Bob Smith
(R-NH) of the successful effort to halt an annual $2 million subsidy
for the mink industry - terminating a taxpayer give-away to the
corporate mink industry. Kerry and Smith shepherded this amendment
through the Senate during debate on the Fiscal Year 1995 Agriculture
Appropriations Act, and they have repelled subsequent efforts by
legislators aligned with the mink industry to revive the taxpayer
12. Kerry has also been the co-author, with Senator Rick Santorum
(R-PA), of letters in recent years sent to the leaders of the Senate
Subcommittee on Agriculture Appropriations to increase funding for
existing animal protection laws, including the Animal Welfare Act and
the Humane Slaughter Act.
13. Kerry wrote the legislation that created the COPS (Community
Oriented Policing) program, which put thousands of new police officers
on the streets, and supported laws to crack down on money laundering
and international drug dealers. As President, John Kerry wants to
fight illegal drugs by targeting the drug traffickers, and fully fund
drug prevention and treatment to reduce the demand for illegal drugs.
14. He is the author of the Federal Presumptive Disability
legislation, S. 530, in the Senate. This bill will provide parity to
federal fire fighters with their municipal counterparts in classifying
certain cancers and heart ailments as job related ailments. John Kerry
has supported federal fire fighters throughout his Senate career,
cosponsoring the Fire Fighters Pay Fairness Act in two Congresses.
This legislation would ensure equality between federal fire fighters
and public sector fire fighters.
15. John Kerry has introduced legislation requiring the Department of
Defense to reimburse family members who paid money out of their own
pockets to provide the personal body armor that the government failed
16. In February of 2002, Senators John Kerry, a Democrat of
Massachusetts, and John McCain, an Arizona Republican, drafted a
bipartisan bill that would raise CAFE standards for all vehicles to 36
mpg. Democrats from Michigan prevailed in passing a competing proposal
that directed NHTSA to consider CAFE within two years, and to take
into account potential job losses and other economic impacts of
changes to the CAFE standards. The Kerry-McCain proposal was shelved.
17. Kerry did, introduce S. 2116, the Welfare Reform and Housing Act.
The bill conforms immigrant eligibility for HUD rental housing
programs to other federal programs by confirming that qualified
battered immigrants and Cuban/Haitian entrants are eligible.
18. Even prior to this industry initiative, US Sens. Olympia Snowe
(R-ME) and John Kerry (D-MA) recognized the magnitude of the problem
and authored a bill to clarify that the secretary of commerce has
authority to extend the rebuilding timelines under certain conditions.
This extra flexibility would "allow managers to meet social and
ecological needs of the fishery," said the senators.
19. He authored the Mychal Judge Act to hire 100,000 fire fighters
that helped propel the passage of the SAFER Act, shortly after that
most catastrophic day.
20. Senators Rick Santorum (R-PA), John Kerry (D-MA) and Paul Sarbanes
(D-MD) have introduced a Senate companion bill to the House-passed
H.R. 202. Included in this legislation is a preservation matching
grant program similar to the one established in H.R. 202. Portions of
H.R. 202 were enacted in 1999 but several of the bill's provisions
were not. This bill tries to jump-start action on these issues in the
21. He helped draft the Hate Crimes bill.
22. He drafted the first gayfriendly anti-discrimination bill in the
Senate in 1985. None would sign on to it with him or advocate with
him. Too politically incorrect back then, I guess.
23. He helped draft the Kyoto Protocol for almost 10 years.
24. Using FHA Surpluses To Create A Federal Housing Trust Fund
- Allocate FHA Surpluses for Building Affordable Housing Current law
does not require FHA surpluses to be spent on addressing housing
needs. The Clinton Administration and Congress should allocate the
existing $5 billion FHA surplus for building housing for the more than
200,000 working families that would benefit from this use.
- Create a Federal Housing Trust Fund Senator Kerry (D-Mass.) will
soon introduce legislation creating a Federal Housing Trust Fund to
ensure that FHA surpluses are legally earmarked for building
25. Kerry Authored the HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Assistance
Legislation. John Kerry wrote the Aids Assistance legislation to help
establish a comprehensive, integrated, five year strategy to combat
the global spread of HIV and AIDS. It also significantly increases the
funding for HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria prevention and
26. John Kerry is the author of the "Nurse Reinvestment Act" which
will help end the nursing shortage in the United States and is
threatening our health care system. Kerry's legislation provides
scholarships for nursing students, establishes training grants for
nurses, offers grants to nursing schools for loan programs, institutes
career ladder programs, creates a nurse retention and patient safety
enhancement grant, and provides for a public service announcement
campaign to promote the nursing profession.
***KERRY VS. CHENEY ON DEFENSE***
APACHE HELICOPTER: The Kerry Record
Kerry has supported $13 billion in defense authorizations for the
THE CHENEY RECORD: Terminate The Apache
AEGIS SHIPS: The Kerry Record
Kerry has supported at least $53 billion defense authorizations for
the Aegis program
THE CHENEY RECORD: Cheney Cut Program, Costing Jobs.
BRADLEY FIGHTING VEHICLES: The Kerry Record
Kerry has supported at least $8.5 billion in defense authorizations
for the Bradley program
THE CHENEY RECORD: Bush-Cheney Budget Terminated The Bradley.
BLACKHAWK HELICOPTERS: The Kerry Record
Kerry has supported at least $13 billion in defense authorizations on
versions of the Blackhawk.
THE CHENEY RECORD: Terminate The Black Hawk.
B-2 BOMBER: The Kerry Record
Kerry has supported over $16.7 billion in defense authorizations for
the B-2 program
THE CHENEY RECORD: Cheney Proposed Cuts to B-2 Program
C-17 CARGO JETS: The Kerry Record
Kerry supported at least $34.5 billion in defense authorizations for
THE CHENEY RECORD: Cutting C-17 Program.
F/A-18 FIGHTER JETS : The Kerry Record
Kerry supported at least $60 billion in defense authorizations for the
F/A-18 and F-18
THE CHENEY RECORD: Cutbacks Hit Industry Hard
F-16 FIGHTER JETS: The Kerry Record
Kerry supported at least $25 billion in defense authorizations for the
THE CHENEY RECORD: Cheney Proposed Cutting F-16 Aircraft
TOMAHAWK MISSILES: The Kerry Record
Kerry supported at least $6 billion in defense authorizations for the
Tomahawk missile program.
THE CHENEY RECORD: No New Missiles Requested Even As Stocks Depleted
Before Gulf War, Cutbacks Lead To Layoffs
PATRIOT MISSILE SYSTEM: The Kerry Record
Kerry supported at least $10 billion in defense authorizations for the
***KERRY ON CRIME***
* 1995: Kerry Voted To Make It Easier For Courts To Authorize A
"Roving Wiretap" in Terrorism. Kerry voted for an amendment to make it
easier for courts, in terrorism cases, to authorize a so-called roving
wiretap that can follow a suspect from one phone to another. Law
enforcement would have to show that a suspect's movement among
different phones had the effect of thwarting surveillance rather than
the current requirement to prove that the suspect was intentionally
* 1996: Kerry Voted to Allow Multi-Point Wiretaps. Kerry voted against
a motion to kill a motion to recommit the bill to the conference
committee with instructions to report it back including a Senate
passed provision that allows multi-point wiretaps when a subject uses
many phones to thwart interception.
* 1996: Kerry Voted for Wiretaps of Terrorism Offenses. Kerry voted
against a motion to kill a motion to recommit the bill to the
conference committee with instructions to report the conference report
back with a provision adding certain terrorism offenses to the list of
crimes for which federal law allows wiretaps.
* 1996: Kerry Voted to Allow Emergency Wiretaps for Terrorist
Conspiracies. Kerry voted against a motion to kill a motion to
recommit the conference report to conference with instructions to
report it back with an amendment to allow law enforcement agencies to
get emergency wiretaps in cases involving terrorist conspiracies.
* 2001: Kerry Voted for Greater Computer Surveillance. Kerry voted to
kill the Feingold, D-Wis., amendment that would clarify that the
computer trespass provision in the bill applies only to "hacking" and
denial of service attacks. It also would limit the length of
surveillance without a warrant.
* 2001: Kerry Voted for Broader Roving Wiretaps. Kerry voted to kill
the Feingold, D-Wis., amendment that would provide that in order to
conduct roving surveillance, the person implementing the order must
ascertain that the target of the surveillance is present in the house
or is using the phone that has been tapped.
* 2001: Kerry Voted to Give FBI More Authority to Obtain Records.
Kerry voted to kill the
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will
not have, nor do they deserve, either one.". Benjamin Franklin
2004 Public domain, free for distribution